We are in constant need of foster families for: dogs, kittens, and cats with medical needs! We currently have several dogs waiting at Dandyland Pet Care Center in Centreville for a foster or forever home!
Cat Foster Application:
Dog Foster Application:
Please fill out our dog foster application online by clicking here. You can also print our application by downloading the following file: PDF form (to print). Printed applications can be mailed to us or dropped off at our office during open business hours.
Benefits of Fostering:
- You are saving a life! By fostering, you make it possible for CCAD to rescue a dog or cat from a kill-facility. Without foster homes to provide temporary care for dogs and cats, CCAD is limited in the number of homeless animals we are able to rescue.
- Through the socialization and home environment you provide, you increase that animal’s chance of being adopted! As you learn about the dog’s and/or cat’s personality, our rescue group is better able to place them in permanent homes. This is a wonderful gift you can give to people looking to adopt.
- Your own pet will learn more social skills and have a temporary companion and playmate! It’s a good way to see if you are ready for an additional pet. It’s not always clear whether an additional pet would fit in with your family at the present time. With fostering, you have a chance to see whether or not adopting is right for your family. Maybe providing temporary foster care is better for you.
- The dog or cat gets to live with your family rather than at a shelter! Animals get stressed from shelter conditions. With time, many cats and dogs develop psychological issues as pent-up energy, frustration, aggression or boredom builds. Home environments and one-on-one attention prevent this.
- Fostering lets you actively participate in the rehabilitation of a traumatized or needy animal! Due to the attention and security you give them in your home, your foster can become very different—less timid and less emotionally or physically injured.
- It’s a way to help without spending much money! CCAD is responsible for ALL the necessary veterinary care expenses for your foster. We will support you every step of the way.
- Any volunteering makes a person feel good! Fostering is a way to give back to your community. If you love animals, there is nothing more rewarding than helping a homeless dog or cat.
- Fostering teaches children about compassion, generosity, and responsibility!
There are MANY other reasons to consider becoming a foster, but most of all, fostering is incredibly satisfying! The day your foster finds their perfect forever home is a day of rejoicing and knowing that they wouldn’t be where they are without all of your efforts and affection!